Oh hey, I’m back. ^_^
I have no excuse as to why I haven’t posted in about a month. Truth be told, it’s just one distraction after another. But they are good distractions for the most part, like my birthday (holy shit I’m 30!) and a three-night Boracay trip before that beach temporarily closes. Anyhoo, here’s a rundown of thoughts and things that are keeping me busy lately.
- A lot’s happening at work right now, but I’m not complaining. I like my company. It’s a desk job, yeah, but the perks are great (read: weekends off, paid vacation on Christmas, easy VL application and approval). I’m currently being crosstrained for a different skillset, which makes me busier than usual.
- Also I finally got promoted to Level 2 analyst. You know what that means: kaching!
- Still not over my lazy, lethargic self. My mind’s fired up but my body just wants to be an effin’ couch potato. Is this a sign of aging???
- Example: last Sunday, I knew I’d have a lot of free time to update my journal and sketchbook after midnight, and I could see in my mind that I’d be doing exactly that. But when it was finally time to grab my pens, I got glued into playing CafeLand until I was too sleepy to do anything else.
- I know it’s not going to make up in any way, but here’s a sketch I did of the van in front of me while stuck in heavy traffic for three fucking hours.
ON TURNING 30:
- For starters, I don’t feel 30 at all.
- I can whine about all my disappointments and failure to meet the expectations of what a 30-year-old should have by now, like a steady relationship, own house, perhaps some passive income, et cetera. Believe me, there is no one better at evaluating and grilling myself than I am.
- How am I planning to spend the next half of my life? By loving myself a little bit more. And to try not to lose sight of the thought that no matter what challenges the present may bring, there is always that chance for the future to be bright and beautiful.
ON OTHER STUFF:
- I am currently addicted to CafeLand. And Tokyo Ghoul.
- I want to go back to boxing again, but I don’t have the discipline to even start small.
- Some days I just want to curl up and be a rock.
I badly need sunshine.