I don’t really consider myself a coffee person, but since working in the night shift, I came to realize how dependent I have become on my
daily nightly cup of Starbucks iced white mocha. However, the $4.75 price tag on a Venti is slowly starting to weigh too much. So last Sunday, I decided to add a couple of items in my grocery list for an attempt at making homemade iced coffee. :D
WHAT YOU NEED:
- Instant coffee powder
- Liquid milk
- Lots and lots of ice cubes
- Whipped cream, preferably sweetened
Optional: mason jar (only because it looks hip than an ordinary glass LOL)
FOUR EASY STEPS:
1. Dissolve a teaspoon of coffee powder in your glass. Use hot/boiling water, but don’t pour too much; just enough to cover and dissolve all the coffee.
2. Load your glass with ice cubes. The amount of ice depends on the glass you’ll use, but I’d say filling 3/4 of the glass with ice is a safe measure.
3. Pour milk until your glass is almost full. No water, just milk. Don’t fill it to the brim as we will need a bit of space for the whipped cream. Now stir and taste. Depending on your preference, you can add more coffee (dissolve the powder in a separate cup), milk or even sugar/sweetener. Since I like mine on the sweet side, I added a half-sachet of Splenda.
4. Top it with whipped cream for the fancy look. You can also add chocolate drizzle, a cherry on top or tiny umbrella to make it more Instagram-worthy. Perfect prop for selfies and hipster photos.
Aaaand you’re done! That wasn’t so hard, yeah? :)